Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A ModestProject: Next Dress Makeover

Here is the next dress makeover (yes, it's a different dress):


This was also a strapless dress. By lucky coincidence, the color was an exact match to the previous dress, so I could use the same shawl for the fix.

The fix was done almost exactly the same way as the one in the previous post, except that I cut the strap narrower this time (13" instead of 14" wide), made the pleats narrower, and added another pleat (since the pleats on the dress were narrower and there were more of them, I wanted to try to make it match). After completing this makeover, I decided I actually like the strap wider, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to do multiple small pleats - it adds a lot of time and fussing, and they are harder to get even and symmetrical.

More views:





No comments: