Monday, December 7, 2009

Brown Dress with Bolero

This is a beautiful dress, with lovely beading all over the bodice (the picture doesn't do it justice). I snatched it up because it had a bodice (not strapless or spaghetti straps). Unfortunately, not until I got it home and looked at it more closely did I realize that it was cut to sit off the shoulder.


The best solution I could think of for this was a bolero, and I was VERY lucky to find material that was almost an exact match at JoAnn's (this doesn't happen very often!) So I made the bolero, cutting it as short as I could, so as not to cover up any more of the beading than I had to.

I am not 100% satisfied with this solution, however. When I get more dresses done and feel less pressure, I might loop back to this dress and see if I can find a solution that satisfies me more.

1 comment:

Brossettelewis said...

I like it as I am trying to make this... http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Calvin-Klein-Womens-Stretch-Satin-Sheath-Dress/4070928/product.html... work for a wedding next month. Which bolero pattern did you use?